Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Monolithcon 2017 - Black Falcon Xray One

Hi All,

I think this was our last game. I took the Imperial Army against Grove and Blue in a quick game of Lopez's Rogue Trader, Black Ops mash up. Rogue Ops.

I got caught flat footed in shitty cover and didn't activate at the right time, except for the parting shot at the transport. The card activation adds a nice amount of friction.











Staff Sgt Olivia needs to weigh her options, what is the price of failure? I just got caught in the open during a string of Ork activations. Rogue Ops can be fickle like that.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely looking game Sean! They Lopezs' IG yeah? They look nice :)

    What a fantastic table to play on too!

    Awesome Sean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. P, yeah Lopez's Imperial Army ;).

      Delete
  2. Yuuuus! That ork charge out of the bronco was the best. I totally thought I was gonna get gunned down. So glad I pulled it off. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah airborne, not what I expected after setting the building on fire. The flip side of getting all your own activations in a row is that you get caught with your dick in your hand.

      Delete
  3. Another great looking game and looked like a top weekend all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Riot, definitely the highlight of the year.

      Delete
  4. Reading through this I had to look back at Rogue Ops. I've been thinking card based activation would do a lot to improve RT, or even the StarGrunt II mashup I sometimes use. Looks like a great game. Popping smoke? On a Rogue Trader table? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Composer. Card activation is a great way to add friction to the game and break away from the slog that igo ugo can become.

      Delete
  5. Excellent, looks like it was a fun game to play.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fun!
    Loving the olde figs that you guys used.
    Orks back then were a little more serious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, yeah the guys had a bunch of cool older figures. The Olivia figure was brand new though. She was the BOYL 17 figure.

      Delete