Saturday, August 19, 2017

Paint Table Saturday 198 - Spunk hauler and a pair of Ambulls

Hi All,

Busy week here. The weather has been hot and fairly humid for us, had an iron on label inside my hat melt and stick to my head a little. Not very pleasant. I also got challenged to a fist fight on Facebook, and lost it on the guy, so I'm only peaking in periodically over there to post pictures once in awhile. Quick in and out. You can still message me or email me if you really need to get a hold of me.

On to the minis.


So this was the next Colony 87 figure that I had on the table. It had been started and abandoned, like the other two recent figures, some time ago. I finished him on Thursday before heading off to San Soo class. Sort of a futuristic Milk maid if you will, I'm calling him the Ambull Semen hauler. I just realized I forgot to name him, so a quick trip to the Ordo Malleus Name Generator and we have Felipe Aloy. One of the names generated was Dick Kok, but that was too low brow even for me. ;)


The Ambulls, from Knightmare Games, were a late addition to the queue. I started assembling them on the 15th and finished them late last night. Very simple paint scheme. Slather everything black. Dry brush 4 increasingly lighter shades of grey. Use Glaze medium to add three brown/tan shades to bits. Use two more colors each for spot coloring eyes and tubes.

The right side seemed to be picking up a lot of glare from the lights, the varnish may not have been completely dry. My matte varnish also may be not mixed very well and be a tad shiny. This was my second time using glaze medium and I still don't really like it. It seems very gloppy in application.

Not totally sure what to paint next. I have a lot of basic household cleaning and maintenance to attend to this weekend. I still have those plastic dwarves handy, but I also have some Genstealers handy, Blood Bowl Orcs, Newhammer Zombies, Imperial Guard etc sitting primed. Finishing half started figures has felt pretty rewarding, but working with the Ambull scenario mojo has kicked it up a notch.

We shall see.

Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, things seem to be coming along.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Michael, I feel like I'm finally getting my mojo back.

      Delete
  3. Fistfights declared over Facebook??? Does this person realise you would probably smear him/her/it all over the place without breaking a sweat?

    Semen Maid looks perfect mate and I like the name too, though I'm low brow enough to have gone with Dick Kok, but that's cos I have the sense of humour of a 12 year old.

    Ambulls are picking up change? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP3oPA9NWkI (Always felt that Ambulls would be metalheads.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dai, yeah. The guy said he'll be at such and such address in Georgia. I lost it, but not quite enough to book a flight. When you say the name you have to growl it like George 'Corpsegrinder' Fisher. That video was funny, but how to mosh videos? FFS!

    ReplyDelete