Saturday, January 30, 2021

It's drafty in the trenches - Warhammer Historical: Great War

 Hi All,

Well, new year, new computer, same old hobby. I hadn't intended to sit on this report from last Summer, or ghost the blog so bad, but here we are.

Fantastic Legions and I got together and played this as a pick up game after some other plans to play Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game fell through. I forgot that he blogged about it here. His pictures are way better than mine.

As always, it was a good time. My pictures were a bit junk, so they didn't make the greatest comic. Oh well. Enjoy.










As you can see I tried my hand at adding some clouds to cover the usual off table stuff/ gamer crotch. Once I figured out my workflow it went quickly enough. If you have an opinion on it I'd love to hear it.

Paint 'em if you got 'em.

6 comments:

  1. Great batrep....
    I think doing coverage for the backgrounds really helps with the "feeling" of the pics.
    I especially like the semi comic / semi pic feel of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maj Guiscard. I wanted to try it out, I think it worked, I may try a slightly different method next time though. I like doing this semi rotoscoping but it is an added step.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Riot, Thanks. Fantastic Legions has some really great terrain and figures.

      Delete