Thursday, August 15, 2019

BOYL 2019 - An Epic Clash

Hi All,

Here is a comic battle report of the Epic battle that Asslessman from Leadplague ran for us at BOYL 2019.

The Ork side consisted of myself and WhiskeyPriest, led by The Otto Von Bismark.

The Imperial side consisted of Rochie, Curis and Pat.

The Traitors were Mr. Saturday, Thansants and Bulldog Lopez.

Strap in for the ride of your life.








Sorry for the abrupt ending, pictures during a game can be hit and miss. I missed the obscene number of Space Marines, Rhinos and Land Raiders my Gargant destroyed and Bulldog Lopez blowing the weapons off my right side right at the end. I ended up running away with the game with something stupid like 39 victory points. I owe it all to The Otto Von Bismark who had a vast knowledge of the rules and capabilities of the Gargants.

I think we all have the bug to paint up more Epic forces now.

Welcome to Laurent AP, thanks for following the blog.

Happy hobbying to everyone, thanks for looking.

10 comments:

  1. Nothing satisfies quite like seeing a bunch of humies getting cock-hammered to death by the might of gargants! I look forward to joining such sport!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crooksy, it was good fun and I think more than a few of us have gotten the horn for painting more Epic for 2020. I will definitely make it happen if you will be there.

      Delete
  2. The photos look lovely. I try not to immediately visit the nostalgia well too often, but those photos remind me a lot of shots of 1st ed Epic.

    Great stuff Sean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheetor, it was a lot of fun. My pictures were a little hit and miss, but they caught the action in broad brush strokes. Maybe we can tempt you to play in a game.

      Delete
  3. Great report, direct and close to the action.
    Love the Gargant Names :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maj Guiscard, the only name that's accurate is Cocksmasha. I just assigned names to the other two because I don't remember what they were.

      Delete
  4. Holy heck that looked good! I loved Orks in Epic and my Evil Sunz zipped about wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, it was fun. The general consensus amongst the non ork players was that orks suck. There are now several calls for vengeance online.

      Delete
  5. “I know eez a stompy warboss, but is he a lucky git?” Napoleork Bonesplitta

    Well done Sean, a well deserved victory for you, and you gave the team a huge lead on VPs! Now they will be all riled up for the next year swearing great impotent oaths of revenge against the forces of orky nature :). But we will keep fighting, and we will win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks theottovonbismark, it was great having someone who knew what they were doing to guide us through the rules. I then got super lucky to take Curis out and of course that card to put out fires really helped our cause. I'm looking forward to more Orky goodness next time.

      Delete