Thursday, January 10, 2019

Operation: Side Hustle (An Ambull Adventure)

Hi All,

This was actually my last game of 2018, but I've had a lot of fiddly things to do lately so it took me awhile to write it up. Once again I met up with Lasgunpacker and Dai. This time Dai brought an extra gang and his son along.

We played another Ambull hunt scenario using the new blind counters. I followed Airborne's suggestion and put the two higher value Ambulls in the middle of the table. For this game we used the Shadow War rules, which are essentially Necromunda, give or take.

I used my cellphone to take the pictures and then tweaked them only in Photoshop with the Poster edge filter and some minor exposure adjustments.

Enjoy.














In the end a fun game. Dai's son came away with the win, capturing the greatest point value of Ambulls.  Both Dai and Lasgunpackers gangs got pretty chewed up.

Is this the end of the Ambull Shenanigans scenarios? Hard to say. I'll have to see if there are new people to try it out on as is, or if we need to add another layer to the story.

I also realized that Escape From Nu Ork was probably the start of my Ambull obsession after battling Brian's Oldhammer Ambulls.

It was also pointed out to me that Tales From the Maelstrom had a couple of Ambull related posts from 2012 and 2009 respectively here. Great stuff.

Lastly I'd like to welcome Salem and Nergling to the blog. Salem I think I know your blog, Nergling please remind me of yours.

Anyway, happy hobbying everyone.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting on such a great game! (even if my poor guys got shot up...) Your ambulls and other random aliens were great, and the scenario was fun.

    Now that you have posted, I will have to get my act together and put my pictures up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird, I could have sworn I'd already replied. You're welcome Lasgunpacker, I had a great time. I may need to push myself to come up with other ideas, but I'm enjoying the Ambull scenarios for now. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

      Delete
  2. Great report Sean. Love the comic book format.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. At this point I feel the comic book is the only way to do it right. But everyone has their own style.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great game and great to see you lot gaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riot, it was fun. I'm lucky that I have the opportunity to travel and game with others.

      Delete
  4. Great batrep and cool Rogue Trader nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of us had a blast playing this mate! Thanks so much for running such an enjoyable scenario.

    ReplyDelete