Saturday, September 15, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 254 - Still Apes (Gibbons)

Hi All,


Minor progress on the gibbons. All base colors done and a second coat on the uniforms. As usual I leave the groundwork for last. I still need to touch up the flesh color here and there before I move on to highlights. I also chose yellow for the spot color on the beret and the RPG rounds. I may also call it out on the badges of the ones wearing caps.

I've been hoping to blog more and get the long (very long) overdue Oldhammer in the New World Zine out, but I just haven't seemed to get the time to finish things lately.

Anyway, we shall see what the next week brings.

Happy painting everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Nice progress on the Gibbons Sean ! They're growing on me.
    Looking forward to see them finished !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mario. Got in a video chat and paint yesterday with some friends and got a lot accomplished.

      Delete
  2. Looking good, Sean. I used to do groundwork last, but found that I used to hit the foot of the model with paint so now I do it first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthony, thanks. When I came back to the hobby I started doing the ground work before priming. I think you're always going to have a trade off, but I'm less worried about ruining a completed model in the basing stage if it's been done first.

      Delete