Sunday, March 18, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 228 - Brets, Random Fantasy and Coaching Inn

Hi All,

I know, it's Sunday, but I was busy with track and Corn Beef eating yesterday.


Important note. This photo was taken on my phone and edited on my phone with Snapseed. Airbornegrove recommended it and so far I like it a lot. I haven't done any of the tutorials, just started playing with it and I did this photo and the silly one of me licking the Warhammer Siege book with it. You can get it on the Play Store for Android and I believe there is an Iphone App as well.

The table is a flurry of activity. I'm tried to ride the manic wave before the ultimate depressive crash hits.

We have here the Bretonnian Knights lead by their Lord, The Ordonnance plus two laborers whom may be added to a baggage train next month, or included this month with no points value. Dahn Alt Rump is there because I was trying to remind myself of the paint scheme to use on those Foundry RT figures that are off table. I have since retconned him. I said he was part of the Anarcho Squad, but now they are Team Terra: Galactic Police! Sung to the tune of the Team America theme song, of course.

I also have a Reaper Blacksmith and an Alternative Armies Halfling Cook in bare metal there. Plus I found old Gunther there with his flesh done and decided to try and get him finished. I proceeded to slop some paint on his flesh, so will see if I can remember how I did it. I think it was a flesh tone with some green mixed in. A half orc recipe if you will.

To the left in back are some Necromunda figures I bought from a guy in Germany. The paint jobs are actually pretty nice, co I may just base them and maybe add a wash. I try not to strip and repaint figures if I like the way they were painted. Those have been few and far between though. I also refuse to repaint the majority of my 1990's painted figures. I think it's important to see where you came from and, if I'm honest, my painting is so slow I can't afford to be repainting models.


I also started tiling the roof to the Coaching Inn. I'm flailing about trying to finish things for Monday, and so may not finish anything. One thing I've noticed on this is that the tiles sit funny on that very first run. I will be adding a thin strip to the edge to give them the same tilt as the rest of the roof.

Any way, that's it for now.

Happy Hobbying.

11 comments:

  1. Oh! Looking awesome! Love oldhammer & middlehammer climate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Sean ! I'm looking forward to see the finished models & buildings !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mario. It's been fun going back to these models.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Stu, my knowledge of roofing is fairly limited and I wish I'd paid attention before I started the roof on this one. The next challenge is how to tile the valleys. I think I understand how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are enjoying snap seed as much as me. The inn is looki6ng really good. Can't wait to see it painted up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Airborne. Snap seed has some really good features and I think I can do most of what I was using Lightroom for. Really nice for quickly getting things done for the blog. I'm still putting tiles on the inn roof. :(

      Delete
  5. Building is off to a good start. Will be great when finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My only experience with shingles left me a nasty scar on my hip and an uncomfortable and embarrassment-filled period of time where I couldn't figure out how I managed to contract genital herpes. Which it wasn't. (Thanks doc)

    So yeah, bollocks to shingles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why that would put you off of shingles Dai. It's not herpes if it's all over. ;)

      Delete