Saturday, July 15, 2017

Paint Table Saturday 193 - Philomena Volapuk

Hi All,

Seems like a lot of stuff going on in the background but not much to show for it. I did, however, manage to just finish another figure for the Miniature a Week challenge.

Philomena Volapuk


I kept with the concept of her being a cyborg zombie and I think it works ok. The baby I painted up in my genestealer hybrid flesh scheme. I was going to do him with a harlequin patterned onsie, but it quickly got  unmanageable to finish today so I scrapped it.


Since I had him handy I thought I'd take a family portrait of the Volapuks.


Next up I think I'll be painting Bbblllggddp and Bob. I feel like they may go fast. The paint scheme should be a tad simpler I'm thinking Koi/ Oscar type coloration.


So for the paint notebook portion we have undead skin and tanned skin triads.


Philomena's Hair.


The gold and Silver colors used. I went with mid and highlight for the gold this time.


Baby accent reds, fur trim, robe.


My grey triad for the bases, also the top two for the "white" areas. Purples for the cloak and jewels.


Washes for the metallics, cloak, robes and fur/ruff. The purple was used on the baby skin before mids and highlights were reapplied.


Just a quick shot of the paint/photo desk. Lights a little farther away help. One of these days I'll get set up to use my DSLR again. The phone works ok if you don't get impatient. Sorry about the list to port.

Later.

14 comments:

  1. Excellent minis and nautical jokes! 😂😂 Top notch post M8!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miniatures are really awesome!
    best regaeds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michal, I'm enjoying painting these right now.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work Sean! Shame about the harlequin patterned onsie, that would have looked awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy. I wanted to do the pattern but it quickly got muddled and I felt like it would have taken too long to fix it. I had to finish it up yesterday.

      Delete
  4. Great job Sean, love the creepy undead cyborg look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michael. She went very bride of Frankenstein, but I kind of like it.

      Delete
  5. Great paint-job Sean ! Zombies are not my cup of tea , butt great job !
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, if that's her baby, then I feel sorry for the sod who had to sleep with her rotten corpse to make it.

    Lovely work matey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dai, the jury is out whether she was dead before or after the birth. I tried to make the baby look like my genestealers, so maybe he burst out.

      Delete
  7. Great cyborg zombie - gribbly sci-fi is ace. :) Well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pulpcitizen. I recently stumbled onto a large lot of flagellants. Some may be re-purposed as space fanatics.

      Delete