Friday, April 24, 2015

I'm all booked for Oldhammer USA Weekend

Now the real work begins. I dug through my collection and found that I only have four finished regiments, and those all painted in the last few months, except for the Trolls.

First almost finished regiment.


Broken Bone Boyz. They seem in pretty good shape except for the standard bearer and one lad.




I'm sure that some look on in horror that I cut into this standard bearer. In my defense I did it when I first bought him back in 1990. The cross is a bit of sprue. It was glued together once, I hoe to do a better job this time around. Somewhere I have a banner that I started. I want to do them digitally now, as earlier attempts at painting were pretty bad.


This guy just needs his shield re-attached. I don't recall cutting a bow from his hand, but it's possible.


No name for these guys yet. All names are speculative at this point anyway. The standard bearer and four boyz need some work. There is also some problems with their basing. I haven't decided how far I will go to fix them.


I'm try to decide if I want to continue with the conversion of the musician and leader into rank and file or just make molds to duplicate the other troopers. The standard, my first ever, is embarrassingly bad. I had glued it to the banner pole but tore it off many years ago. I also should have pinned his hand, hopefully I can do a better job this time.


These guys didn't have a name until I rolled one for them from Erny's Warlord rules. Fred and Shat. I am loathe to redo them so they will be good as is.


The Mother Crushers. I will come up with another name at some point. Painted during this years challenge.


Blood Moon Boyz. Painted mostly last year during the challenge, but finished over the Summer. Gotta love those plastic figures.


Stikas, finished during the challenge. A nasty lot.

I've also been reading up on Mordheim and downloaded the Grom book from Randy Elliot's page here.

Lots more to do and hopefully I can re-find my old army lists.

13 comments:

  1. Some classic figures there! I remember a unit of those Orcs with the two-handed halberd things from my very first figure wargame, way back in 1993 or thereabouts. To us they were Black Orcs; and they won many a battle. Thanks for bringing back a few memories, and I'm sure they'll make a few for you as you game with them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Prufrock. Yes Eeza Ugezod and his mother crushers were intended to be black orcs in my original army as well. Hmm, I wonder how many people actually paint black orcs with black skin tones?

      Delete
  2. Actually, I think that first standard bearer works just fine with just the horned skull and tassels..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeffrey. I could leave it, but I do want to see if I can execute my original vision. I also may give in and touch up the antlers, though I'm trying mightily to resist repainting "finished" figures.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to run these down with my lancers, and then mop them up with my chaos hounds! The dread Black Vasken will be victorious over these snotty greenskins. ;)

    They are looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey AG, in my only other experience with these boys half of them ran before the battle even started. Some sneaky thunder clap spell or something if I remember correctly. Perhaps I need to paint up my Chaos allies for some back bone.

      Delete
    2. You wont have to worry about sneaky magic with me. ;)
      Chaos allies sounds good!

      Delete
  4. Brilliant stuff Sean, that looks like the Orc army I had 28 years ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stevo. 28 years ago is probably about when I first bought them. Or maybe it's 25 only. More to come.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful stuff here my friend...I'm very excited to see them all spruced up and ready to battle on the table in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Blue, sorry I seem to have missed this comment. Precious little work on these, I need to get cracking.

      Delete
  6. Cracking stuff Sean. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing a proportion of these during the challenge. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millsy, I've become distracted lately so your comment has woken me up to what I need to do.

      Delete