Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Zom(b)Orctober

So I've signed on to do Zom(b)tober and Orctober this year.

I add a b because it's Zom B's!
I think I signed on to this last year, and then produced a big fat zero in the painted Zombie department. So I'm going to throw my hat in again and try to get something done. I think I saw it first on Eclectic Gentleman Tabletop Gamer and am listed 10th there, while I'm also listed on Brummie's Wargaming Blog where I'm listed 20th. I also followed Brummie's Blog today as it was one I thought I was, but actually wasn't.

I see that Brummie and EGTG each have their own logo image with the text tying it together. Using What Font Is I found it was Bloody. The only thing I don't like about FFonts is they try to get you to download their installer. I ended up doing the zip file after it downloaded the installer.

So in keeping with the whole make your own banner thing, here's mine:


I am also fully aware that I am the outlier in spelling it with a B.

Next up Orctober.

By Zhu Bajie
You can join in at Erny's Place and there looks like there's even a prize to be had.  Of course the real prize for me is actually painting all the stuff I've had lying around since 1992.

So throw caution to the wind and join one or both of these. Your lead pile will thank you.

10 comments:

  1. HIt these two birds in one stone Sean, the world need orc zombies ! (the gaming one does at least )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did cross my mind JB. I'm not sure if my brain can handle it at the moment though.

      Delete
  2. I read, elsewhere (can't remember though), Zomtober with a silent B, earlier this hour.
    I've designed my own banner for Zomtober 2014 (gratuitous picture of a 'sexy' zombie).
    I'll have a look at the orcs, but I don't own any to paint, and am trying to cut back on buying stuff (never gonna happen!)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roy, it's possible there are others adding the b. Sexy zombies are good. Fortunately for me I have all the figures I require, and probably more than I could hope to finish. I actually need to get cracking to have something done for Sunday.

      Delete
  3. I don't think anyone is going to mind how you spell it as long as you have fun - love your banner though! I've just rehashed my from last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael, I'll have to pop over and take a look at your banner.No shame in rehashing, it's not a banner making challenge ;).

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Fran. After your zombie horde last year I would be surprised if you wanted or needed to ever paint another zombie ever again.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with Orc/Zomb -tober !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe, somehow I missed your comment. I'm already behind schedule, but hope to catch up today.

      Delete