Fladnag the Beige.
|Excuse the slightly off camera angle.|
Here is how he progressed.
|Now we know he's not a king.|
|Brown Wash all over, Flesh wash on flesh, Burnt Umber ink in hair.|
Now I was ready to break stuff. At first I had tried dry brushing the Camel paint on the front of the robe. Absolutely terrible. I then used my 10/0 to paint on the tops of the folds in their original base color. Looks pretty bad to me.
So I decided I had to do another wash before I gave up in despair and just stripped the figure.
|That I can live with.|
|I mixed a drop of this with a drop of water.|
I think the ink didn't do all that much and that the water diluted and spread out the GW Brown wash some more. In any event it was now acceptable to me. Whew!
So then on to the basing.
The shine is from the Liquitex Matte Varnish I brushed on. before basing.
The base was dry brushed with Anita's "Earth Brown", Delta Ceramcoat "Territorial Beige", and Americana "Khaki Tan". Then PVA diluted 50% with water and some Woodland Scenics fine flock, followed by straight Alene's tacky glue and some Heki #3360 Static Grass.
So he is done. Hooray! And I just read that I am the winner of the Zvezda Samurai from Anne's blog giveaway, yipee!
Although I did not end up gaming on March 30th we did play two games on Easter Sunday. Munchkin Conan and Life. This was with the whole family so the four of us sat down at the table and spent a couple of hours together, it was fun. My wife even admitted that Munchkin Conan was fun, although I was accused of selectively remembering the rules to enable my win.
Welcome to Michael Awdry of 28mm Victorian Warfare, excellently painted colonial stuff.