Wednesday, April 18, 2012

80's Fanzine of your blog

Hi all,

  I saw this on The Stronghold Rebuilt and thought I should give it a try. Basically take your last five blog posts and mock up an 80's fanzine with appropriate art and make it look like it was poorly photocopied etc. He sets it up much better than I am doing. Anyway here it is.


Now a bit has to be said about the art work. This is a sketch that a friend of mine did for me in 7th grade. I was telling him about my latest D&D character at the time (we died a lot) and he whipped this out as we chatted. He told me that he got "How to draw comics the Marvel way" for his birthday and this was the result. Now I also had this book and I immediately stopped drawing after I learned this. Well perhaps an exaggeration but I had no illusions that I could teach myself to draw after that.

The kids name? Tristan Schane.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:Tristan_Schane/Cover_Artist

http://marvel.wikia.com/File:Storm_%26_Professor_X_(by_Tristan_Schane).jpg

http://www.tristanschane.com/

Anyhow it's probably not as memorable for him as it is for me, but there you have it.

I have a few posts in the works, some family Civil War history, ideas for an RRtK game based on the game Machiavelli, and perhaps a write up of that flag technique so that one could print it out and have an easier time doing it.

In the meantime I've also surpassed 4,000 views.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent!!! Wonder how much the original pic is worth????
    I've had several try's at the flag wave, but just can't get my head around it, so a Flags for dummies ie me! post would be excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Certainly brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sean and a good one, Tristan is a bloody good artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea. You say "I knew him when..." about Tristan. :) I'll be interested to see your Civil War family history post. I've been doing some work on my own family history, as well.

    ReplyDelete