Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Zombies Anyone?


I am on the Zombie bandwagon, watched "The Walking Dead" last season and the premier of Season 2 this past Sunday. Just did a search for Free Zombie Game Rules and came up with this post: http://www.zombieplace.com/7-free-zombie-board-games and it looks like there may be something to work with there. At the bottom of the post they have a link back to a review of Zombie games you can buy. I've also been considering buying Two Hour Wargames title "All things zombie". The Angry Lurker also pointed out that in addition to WW2 and Samurai (you should check those out) he played some zombie stuff using rules from Akula. I haven't had a chance to check them out yet, but the game TAL had looked pretty cool and it made me wonder if Shelldrake isn't using these rules for his Play By Blog game as well. Mainly due to the reference to Zombie Spawn points.

I also did some searchifiying yesterday for 20mm (1/72) zombies and it looks like Elhiem has the best stuff (or the only really). It turns out that 20mm is a better search term for figures than 1/72 which tends to be broader. I also found Stan Johansen Minatures when doing this search. The Road warrior figures and Road Rage rules, as well as kits for turning Hotwheels cars into wasteland death mobiles, all look neat. For me Post -Apocalypse and Zombie Apocalypse go hand in hand.

Enjoy.

4 comments:

  1. Zombie goodness indeed, 15mm is also good but there are 28mm plastic to start you off plus a few survivors in metal and you're away. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the wargames factory plastic zombies are very tempting but I'm trying to resist the pull of 28mm and 15mm still scares me as being too small.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am getting on the Zombie bandwagon and having to strongly resist the urge to start another project. :) Right now my involvment in Shelldrake's Play by Blog game is feeding the need but I have a feeling that I wont be able to resist much longer. I am pretty sure I will get ATZ from THW as I have heard nothing but good about it and have been impressed with their Nuts! rules.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes go the 1/72 scale zombie band wagon... I would jump on But I am afraid I would fall off all to soon

    ReplyDelete