Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Gamecraft Painting Station

Hi All,

Just before heading off to Denver for JO Regionals; I received my Gamecraft Painting Station, Drawer Add-On and LED Light Add-On. You can see them here.


I had dry fit them together before flying out and had an opportunity to watch the assembly videos here. For some reason I could not find any masking tape around the house or at the grocery store, but we still had some painters tape and that did the trick. The nozzle on my wood glue was a little unwieldy at certain points, but I made sure I had a damp paper towel to wipe up the glue overage. I probably made things more difficult for myself by assembling it on my lap while sitting on the couch watching a movie with the family.


So here it is all assembled and stacked on top of each other. I just have to put the drawer knobs on. This is the 26mm Vallejo bottle version, since I mostly paint with Reaper paints. You can get one that has all 32mm slots for GW pots or a mixture of the two sizes even. The only thing I noticed I didn't do 100% right is the back of the paint tray is not fully flush on there, totally my oversight. Fairly straight forward to assemble and looks like it will help me a lot in keeping projects self contained and easier to transition to different places or speed up set up for things like my WFRP sessions, which I usually do seated at my paint desk.

I bought the three together off Amazon, but I don't see why you couldn't just buy it off the site. I'm very satisfied with the product and service thus far.

Anyway, hope to be painting on it later today. Thanks for looking and commenting.

6 comments:

  1. Let's see some paint bottles on that! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice piece of kit there! Very cool. My paints are all scattered hither and thither so something like that would be a boon.
    Nice purchase. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stew, I have a lot of storage for my paints but they get randomized as I switch products. The paint rack on it is nice for keeping the active paints in view. I actually painted a little last night.

      Delete