Followers

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Age Of Blood Fate Cards V.2

Just an update on the fate cards. Following Dan's suggestion, and my own leanings, I added the background to the face of all cards. I then also separated and emboldened the effects of the card from the introductory text.

I decided to leave the full, verbatim, text on all the cards for now. Let me know if it is too hard to read. The only editing I did was to fix my mistyping of some of the game conventions (ie Hand-to-Hand instead of hand to hand) and the spelling Valkaries to Valkyries. Otherwise I have left the non US spellings as is.

You can find the file here.

Still working on a cheat sheet and actually playing the game.

4 comments:

  1. I like the inprovements, well done!

    One question, what size will the 'cards' be when printed off. I had an idea of printing your cards onto adhesive sticker paper and then sticking them to a deck of cards to give them some good backing and durability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I replied by email and hoped it would be here as well, I guess not. The size is supposed to be standard poker size. So 3.5" by 2.5". The rules mention a metric sticky label size for adhering to playing cards, but I don't recall what that is right now. If you have a product in mind for use just let me know and I'll try to get a template and fit it in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sean for the answer, but I never got an email.

    Anyways my deck of cards is standard size 3.5in x 2.5in or 88mm x 63mm.

    What program are you use to make the templates and cards? Your fate cards gave me an idea to make character cards for Age of Blood with the heroes/leaders stats on them to have on hand to help keep track of things during the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I'm trying to come up with a cheat sheet and a warband roster sheet, but have been stuck on how to proceed. Cards are a good idea. I am just using Open Office Writer to make a document with a 4 by 2 table. I adjusted the row height to 3.5". The background I made in GIMP with the awesome old paper script and I downloaded the fonts (Viking and Elder Futhark) from dafont, I think. The just export to PDF with fonts embedded and viola. So it's really just a question of knowing what the Avery or whomever label number you want to use and making sure the relevant text, etc fits that.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...